Sonntag, Oktober 31, 2010

Lord of Kanchipuram in Navaratri Festival 2010





When i came first time to Kanchipuram in the year of 1991 i had a wonderful experience were the priests put a Urdhvapundram on my face and let me enter the sanctum very close to the Lord. Later in 1995 i had made here in this city my first Narasimha Vigraha by a very farout Stapathy who was a Shakta devotee of Kamakshi Amman (ParvathiDevi). When he completed the eyeopen ceremony he stood on his wooden padukas which had long ironnails on them. Then he screamed wild Narasimha mantras and finally trow the Lord (which weighted around 25kg) in my arms. I almost flew on my knees... Now that Yoga Narasimha is served in the Radha Krishna temple of Vrindamission in Berlincity. I hope i can post soon a picture of Him here.
Anyhow Kanchipuram is a very impressive and powerful city which is mentioned even by Panini (3th century BC) to be the city of 1000 temples. It is divided in two parts, one is Shiva kanchi were all the main important Shiva and Shakta temples reside (like Kamakshi, Ekambeshwara etc.) and Vishnu kanchi were Lord Varadaraja, the bestrower of all boons and the Lord of the Devas. When i visited Kanchipuram in my first years i never went anywhere else as i stayed only in Kanchi for long. I always thought why going to Srirangam or other divya deshams, as here you have Him so close. And the architecture, culture and history of Kanchi is fascinating and trilling. Everyone feels a very powerful force of blessing and curse (if one acts improper or demoniac) if one enters the sacred city. Great Acharyas have lived here, and Sri Ramanuja did serve Lord Varadaraja for many years. Here you see wonderful pics of Lord Varadaraja with his consort Sri devi on Navaratri festival 2010!

1 Kommentar:

In Love With Krishna hat gesagt…

Thanks for the post, the pictures.
Perumal and Thaayar look wonderful here.
i have never been to Kanchi, hope He will bless me soon in my life.