Dienstag, August 21, 2007

Damodar Kunda (4700m) day two part 1





I woke up in the middle of the night with big headache, thinking my eyes are popping out and my strong push to pass some water brought me out under a clear sky... what a wonderful skyline.. never seen before such a clear and mysterious sky. Millions of stars sparkle like diamonds and let my headache forget... even my pee i forget for a short moment. The air is icy and i guess it is below 0, around -8 C° and i run back fast into my tent and "warm" sleeping bag, but still have that wonderful skyline in my mind...
Early morning we run out and freezing so much from the last night still. I think i can take a bath in the Damodar Kund, i have to break the Ice layer first, then my feet sink inside the mud, and i loose the excitement for taking the bath here. I come out and freeze more then before. I take the Prokshana* as the Bath here, as it is to cold for me. Even my hand taking the water feels like Ice...
Then we both go up to the Vishnu Shrine, open the door and starting to clean up the old flowers, grass or what ever the pilgrims have brought here from far distance to offer here... i guess all the items are still from the last year august, as the pilgrimage time ends in august. After this time nobody dares to come here. To cold and to dangerous walk.
Then we do our Salagrama / Goverdhana Puja in front of Lord Vishnu here. I find some very old coins lying around the deity and one very old manuscript also is wrapped in cloth.

Keine Kommentare: